New Poll: Overwhelming Majority of Voters Support Shale
June 29 2015
Pennsylvanians and Americans “overwhelmingly support” the safe and proven use of hydraulic fracturing to produce clean-burning natural gas, according to a national survey by Robert Morris University’s Polling Institute. Here are key poll takeaways:
- Support for fracing has also increased significantly – moving from 42.3% in 2013 to 55.9% majority today.
- Additionally, support for fracing in Americans’ own hometowns has also seen increased support. Today, 49.2% would support (strongly or somewhat) fracing in their own hometowns – up from 40.0% in late 2013.
- Other important findings include:
- Fracing can help the U.S. economy – 73.3% agree
- Fracing will help the U.S. move to energy independence – 68.9% agree
- The U.S. should begin exporting some of the resulting natural gas – 51.6% agree
Read the full article – New Poll: Overwhelming Majority of Voters Support Shale